Sunday, September 5, 2010

Liquid Sky High

Premise:

Descended from Lilith, Adam's first wife. A race of immortal women must impregnate themselves instead of menstruating each month, or else they will bleed to death.  The catch is, every man they have sex with dies. Louise, a young Lilin who has been around since the 1920's, keeps seeing the reincarnation of her first and only love, whose death she was accidently responsible for. Will she be able to stay away from the love of her life, or be doomed to repeat history?


I am pulling from a variety of influences for this project. I plan to post trailers and scenes from other films that stick out to me and I feel are related to the potential style of this film. One of the biggest would be 'Liquid Sky', mainly in the color scheme- although the themes do share similarities.





I don't plan to mimic the style of Liquid Style- if anything I want a dirtier, even more grotesque neon look. Liquid Sky's use of Glow in the dark/black light is what Im most interested in. I would like to experiment with those techniques in a specific scene in my film. It would almost have the appearance of a film within a film context. The story of Lilith can a bit confusing and all over the place, so to simplify things in an interesting way- I want a short video that explains the story of Lillith, but of course in my own visual terms. It will be silent, shot on VHS and/or Canon 7HD:

-Black Room
-White/ faceless figures, nude- 1 female, 1 male
-black light experimental- bodies touching eachother/ struggle for sexual dominance
-dirt to crawl out of
-fake blood/ preferably glitterly blood

The sequence of actions that will happen with the two figures I have not figured out yet. These are tools I am just thinking of using. I am also influenced for this particular scene by Zulawski's "On the Silver Globe". I am limited from shooting at the beach this semester, since it is cold in Chicago, and I dont ever want to film at the beach in those kind of conditions again. Im thinking green screen might be an interesting variation within the dark room. What I could do is film in darkness and black light in the green screen room, then slowly turn the lights on and mess around with the transitions etc. Im not really sure, but writing about it helps me get more ideas out.





I don't want to use just 'this' post for my influences, I feel I should build a bit more as time goes on. I will however through in one more trailer to a film that may be a bigger influence mainly from my subconscious. It is Brian de Palma's "Phantom of the Paradise", and this film will always hold a special place in my heart, and the heart of Video Diary of a Lost Girl. If anything, the epic tragic romance and sensational style of humor I hope will make its way through my script writing process: (having trouble uploading a trailer/picture- damn)



No comments:

Post a Comment